Why Should You Consider Registering in Your Parish?
A Catholic parish is the single most important part of our Catholic Church. This is where we continue the mission of Jesus Christ. This is where we publicly express our faith, joining together with others to give witness of our communion with God and with one another.
There are many reasons to register:
- A sense of belonging and identity in a parish community.
- Provides the parish community with a way to welcome you.
- In times of joy and in times of struggle, it is comforting to have the support of a faith family.
- For religious education instruction and Sacramental preparation, the families of those attending must also be registered parishioners.
- It is a commitment to practice your faith.
- Gives a chance for you and your family to be counted and heard in the parish.
- Being included in the demographics of the parish helps in the planning for the needs of the parish.
- In order to receive the Sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, Confirmation and Holy Matrimony, you must be registered in your Parish.